Udo's Choice Adult's 50+ Blend
Probiotic formula for the older generation
Seniors generally need a large quantity of beneficial bacteria and several varieties of bifidobacteria for optimum bowel health. High concentrations of acidophilus in the absence of bifidobacteria may tend to cause constipation. This formula has been specifically designed with an emphasis on the particular bifido strains necessary for health and longevity in seniors.
This blend is also indicated for adults under the age of 65 who are experiencing lower bowel symptoms such as chronic diarrhoea and / or constipation, often indicators of more serious conditions. The specific strains used in Advanced Adults blend have been specially chosen for their value to lower bowel health and have been formulated to the appropriate viable count - twenty four billion viable organisms of beneficial bacteria at time of manufacture.
- Lactobacillus casei: 20% - a bacteria commonly used for milk fermentation and has shown to be helpful in treating diarrhoea caused by antibiotics and viruses.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus: 20% - one of the most important probiotic strains for the health of the adult digestive tract from the mouth to the small intestine. Especially beneficial in inhibiting the bacteria involved in vaginal and urinary tract infections.
- Lactobacillus plantarum: 10% - from vegetable origin and found in the intestinal tract it has beneficial anti-microbial activities.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: 10% - found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
- Bifidobacterium breve: 10% - colonises the large intestine and is a producer of lactic and acetic acids that inhibit the growth of undesirable bacteria. It enhances immune responses against various pathogenic antigens and has been shown to repress the growth of ulcer-inducing bacteria.
- Bifidobacterium longum: 10% - colonises in the intestinal tract, it breaks down bile salts, helps to synthesize B-complex vitamins and stimulates the immune system.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: 10% - one of the most prominent micro-organisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth, as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
- Streptococcus thermophilus: 7% - a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: 3% - a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
To maintain healthy intestinal and oral flora: Take one capsule per day on a full stomach.
As an intensive treatment: Take three capsules per day on a full stomach when suffering from intestinal disorders.