Udo's Choice Junior Blend
Probiotic formula for children 5-15 years
Guarantees four billion viable organisms of beneficial bacteria* that are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function and over-all health (*at time of manufacture).
Formulates to include Bifido bacteria B.bifidum and B.breve, essential for the healthy development of a child's digestive tract.
A child's healthy microflora will closely resemble that of an adult but due to their smaller size children need much smaller quantities of the same bacteria. The specific strains used in Children's Blend have been specially chosen for their value to children's health and have been formulated to the viable count appropriate for children.
Children's Blend contains:
- Lactobacillus casei: a bacteria commonly used for milk fermentation and has shown to be helpful in treating diarrhoea caused by antibiotics and viruses.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus: one of the most important probiotic strains for the health of the adult digestive tract from the mouth to the small intestine. Especially beneficial in inhibiting the bacteria involved in vaginal and urinary tract infections.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent micro-organisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
- Lactobacillus plantarum: from vegetable origin and found in the intestinal tract it has beneficial anti-microbial activities.
- Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
- Bifidobacterium breve: colonises the large intestine and is a producer of lactic and acetic acids that inhibit the growth of undesirable bacteria. It enhances immune responses against various pathogenic antigens and has been shown to supress the growth of ulcer-inducing bacteria.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
Each vegetarian capsule is guaranteed to contain not less than 4 billion total viable cells (at time of manufacture) of:
- Lactobacillus casei: 25%
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus: 25%
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: 20%
- Lactobacillus plantarum: 10%
- Streptococcus thermophilus: 7%
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: 5%
- Bifidobacterium breve: 5%
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: 3%
In a base of microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate and ascorbic acid
To maintain healthy intestinal and oral flora -
Take one capsule per day on a full stomach.
As an intensive treatment -
Take three capsules per day on a full stomach when suffering from intestinal disorders.