Udo's Choice Adult's Blend
Probiotic formula for adults 15 years +
Why do we need Probiotics?
When the ratio of good bacteria to bad is lowered, problems begin to arise such as excessive gas, bloating, intestinal toxicity, constipation and poor absorption of nutrients. Whilst it is true that non-beneficial bacteria are naturally occurring in the intestinal tract problems begin when their growth goes unchecked. Probiotics play an especially important role in keeping in check the pathogenic bacteria that cause disease. A healthy lower intestine should contain at least 85% friendly bacteria to prevent the over colonisation of disease causing micro organisms like E.coli and Salmonella.
Adults Blend contains:
- Lactobacillus casei:a bacteria commonly used for milk fermentation and has also shown to be helpful in treating diarrhoea caused by antibiotics and viruses.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus: one of the most important probiotic strains for the health of the adult digestive tract from the mouth to the small intestine. Especially beneficial in inhibiting the bacteria involved in vaginal and urinary tract infections.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent micro-organisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth, as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
- Lactobacillus plantarum: from vegetable origin and found in the intestinal tract, it has beneficial anti-microbial activities.
- Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid, it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
- Bifidobacterium breve: colonises the large intestine and is a producer of lactic and acetic acids that inhibit the growth of undesirable bacteria. It enhances immune responses against various pathogenic antigens and has been shown to repress the growth of ulcer-inducing bacteria.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
Each vegetarian capsule is guaranteed to contain not less than 12 billion total viable cells (at time of manufacture) of:
- Lactobacillus casei: 25%
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus: 25%
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: 20%
- Lactobacillus plantarum: 10%
- Streptococcus thermophilus: 7%
- Bifidobacterium breve: 5%
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: 5%
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: 3%
In a base of microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate and ascorbic acid
To maintain healthy intestinal and oral flora -
Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon once a day in formula or other liquid.
As an intensive treatment -
Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon three times a day in formula or other liquid when suffering from intestinal disorders.