Udo's Choice Infant's Blend
Infant probiotic formula for infants / toddlers 0-5 years
Infant probiotic formula guarantees two billion viable organisms of beneficial bacteria (at time of manufacture).
Formulated with a viable count of specially chosen bacterial strains especially beneficial for an infants healthy intestinal flora. The bifidobacteria, including B. infantis, should represent the largest population of beneficial bacteria in babies, whose immune defences are not yet fully working. The specific strains used in Udos Infants Blend have been specially chosen for their value to infant health. This powder format has been designed to be added to formula or liquid after it has been warmed.
Infants' immune defences are not yet fully working . Babies pick up friendly bacteria from their mothers during their passage through a clean and healthy birth canal. Studies show that B. infantis was found in approximately 60% of full-term newborns who were born vaginally and only 9% of babies born by Caesarean Section. Formula fed babies also have significant differences from breastfed babies in the composition of their gut microflora because the heat used to pasteurise formula kills all bacteria.
This infant specific formula guarantees two billion viable organisms of beneficial bacteria* that are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function and over-all health (*at time of manufacture). Infant's Blend is formulated to include the bifidobacteria, including B.infantis, B. bifidum and B. breve which should represent the largest population of beneficial bacteria in babies. It facilitates health weight gain in infants. It is in powder format, designed to be added to formula, water or other liquid after it has been warmed.
Infant's Blend contains:
- Lactobacillus casei: a bacteria commonly used for milk fermentation and has shown to be helpful in treating diarrhoea caused by antibiotics and viruses.
- Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
- Bifidobacterium infantis: the most important micro-organism found in the large intestine of infants and is an effective adjunct therapy in the treatment of acute diarrhoea. It has been shown to stimulate the production of immunomodulating agents.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent micro-organisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
- Bifidobacterium breve: colonises the large intestine and is a producer of lactic and acetic acids that inhibit the growth of undesirable bacteria. It enhances immune response against various pathogenic antigens and has been shown to supress the growth of ulcer-inducing bacteria. B.breve can colonise the immature bowel of infants effectively and is associated with better weight gain in low birthweight infants.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
Each gram of powder is guaranteed to contain not less than 2 billion total viable cells (at time of manufacture) of:
- Lactobacillus casei: 35%
- Streptococcus thermophilus: 20%
- Bifidobacterium infantis: 15%
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: 15%
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: 5%
- Bifidobacterium breve: 5%
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: 5%
To maintain healthy intestinal and oral flora -
Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon once a day in formula or other liquid.
As an intensive treatment -
Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon three times a day in formula or other liquid when suffering from intestinal disorders.